Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's Fun to Stay at the Y-M-C-A

We're working on our new Momma-Reese-Nash weekly routine now that we're all home Monday thru Friday. I have become increasingly more social and LOVE to play with other kids, and as winter fast approaches our afternoon park friends seem to dwindle. Doesn't anyone own a winter jacket? So we've been going to the YMCA 2-3 days per week in the mornings. Baby Nash goes to the "Baby Room", I go to the big gym with other 3-6 year old kids, and Momma exercises with other Mommies.

So far I seem to be enjoying the new morning adventure and have even asked Momma if we could go to the YMCA. On Thursday's they even have a bounce house! It, of course, doesn't compare to the organized, constructive, and supervised play at Shana's, but it does give me the opportunity to play with and around other kids on a regular basis. It also helps me to have more confidence with separating from Mom - I was a little uncertain the first day but the nice "girl" (actually a nice boy named AJ with long dreadlocks) quickly sweeped me up to play and I was fine by the time Momma spied from the window. Anyways, we'll see how it goes. I'm sure there will be new challenges that arise from the Y (more colds, bad habits from other kids with less supervision, etc.), but for now it's a good break in the day for all of us especially as it gets colder and we're more housebound.

Per his usual disposition, Baby Nash seems to be taking the trip to the Y in stride and the care-providers have commented on what a happy baby he is. As a drop-in care center, there are fewer care-providers to babies than a dedicated daycare, but since it's only for an hour or so he should be fine. Plus, since he's so little he doesn't yet have any separation anxiety so we're hoping that the regular "stranger-care" will help when he eventually goes to school.

No pictures of the Y, but here is a video of me doing Zumba. Last month Momma and I took a tour of the Y and she showed me where she would be exercising with other Momma's. There was a Zumba class going on and although we only watched for a few minutes, I immediately felt the groove and danced in the window of the class. We came home and I demonstrated Zumba for Dada.

No comments: