Monday, September 3, 2012

Family Camping

We’ve been meaning to take our maiden family camping trip for months now and this weekend we finally made it. We headed up on Saturday for a two night trip and it was so much fun that we came back home a day early! LOL. Although I continue to be a great camper, Mr. Nash was not as impressed. Remember how on my first camping trip when I slept in my Pack n’ Play all night long, by myself, even when it rained? Well, Mr. Nash preferred to sleep in Momma’s bag which didn’t work out very well for Momma. Waking up at 5:30 wasn't so great either. I guess we’ll give him a break since I was a little bit older than he was on my first trip.

We also missed our favorite camp spot in Stanley this year due to forest fires and ended up at a developed campsite near McCall. The forests are so dry that you can’t have camp fires unless you’re in a developed site – unlike our favorite, secluded spot in Stanley. We were all disappointed to have 4-wheelers and neighbors playing club music until after midnight. Unplug people! So annoying… We’ll see you next year Stanley!

Even though we only stayed one night, we still made it up to a very cool hot springs on the second day before returning home. We’ll definitely go back to Gold Fork hot springs. I loved that the pools were very natural with lots of rock and that they were the perfect depth and temperatures for kids. Happy Labor Day!

No comments: