Sunday, October 13, 2013

Neighborhood Friends

One of the best things about our new house is the neighborhood kids. There are several kids at or very near my age. Nicole, Samantha, Luke....I love them all. There is one particular girlie-girl that moved here this spring and we've formed quite a little bond - her name is Benet. Over the last couple months we've had several weekend playdates, which usually consist of several hours playing at Benet's house followed by several hours at our house (or vice versa). Benet is fun, smart and very sweet. She's also fairly tolerant of my annoying younger brother - and Mom and Dad think I could learn a thing or two from her. Maybe it is because Benet has an older brother and is not subjected to Nash's antics on a daily basis, maybe it's because she's 8 months older than I am, or maybe it's just her sweet demeanor - but we're all happy that I have wonderful neighborhood friends.
 

1 comment:

Grammy and Bompa said...

Reese,
"A friend is a charming gardener who makes our souls blossom" -Proust

You have in Benet someone who will grow your spirit, and Benet has someone who will grow her spirit. That's why friends are like gold--very, very valuable!

Love, Bompa and Grammy