Eating breakfast in the morning WAS chilly though. I had to wear my parka! Next time I think I'll opt for some hot breakfast.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
A Happy Camper
I just returned from my first night of camping in the woods. On Friday morning, we left for Boiling Springs campground, which is about a 1:45 hour drive from our house. We arrived just in time for lunch which we ate at our picnic table. Dad set up the tent, while Mom prepared me a fabulous lunch. Unfortunately, Mom and Dad forgot some of their own lunch supplies (including peanut butter!), so they only had slices of plain bread and cheese chunks :)
Here's a picture of our camp site under the big trees.
After lunch, it was time to stretch our legs. We walked down a few camp sites to the edge of the Middle Fork of the Payette River. There was a great little beach area with lots of rocks to throw into the water. I could have spent the entire afternoon throwing rocks into the water.

Due to my evolving photography skills, my parents decided that it was best to take a self-portrait instead of letting me try to take this picture with the expensive camera.
My parents brought along a bucket and a measuring cup so I could scoop sand into my bucket to take back to our camp.
Back at our camp, I poured the sand from one bucket into the other bucket. I love pouring things back and forth between containers. I also love to arrange containers of suntan lotion, water bottles, and other small containers. Yep, this kept me busy for a quite a while.
Mom brought these overalls along for the trip. They have little watermelons stenciled onto them. These overalls used to be hers when she was my age!
Once Dad had the new tent set up, I had to check out our new house before I took my afternoon nap. They set up my sleeping bag and a foam pad next to theirs on the ground. But after 20 minutes of pin-balling around the tent in excitement and being borderline over-tired, Mom and Dad decided to go to "Plan-B" and set up the Pack 'n Play inside the tent. With my familiar surroundings, I fell asleep without much trouble.
After staying up a little past my normal bedtime, I hopped into my 30-degree mummy sleeping bag and cozied up in my Pack 'n Play. Initially, I was a little scared of going to sleep alone, so it helped to have Dad visible just outside the door for a few minutes while I dozed off. I slept great the rest of the night and didn't even get cold, despite the temperatures in the low 40's.
Eating breakfast in the morning WAS chilly though. I had to wear my parka! Next time I think I'll opt for some hot breakfast.
We only went camping for a single night, but it was a good practice for me, Mom and Dad. Next time we'll definitely shoot for two nights.
Eating breakfast in the morning WAS chilly though. I had to wear my parka! Next time I think I'll opt for some hot breakfast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
GREAT pics! Nice way to spend Gram's money! She'd love the tent!!! These pics were a lovely Father's Day present! Love, Dad
So beautiful! Wow what an experience!
Post a Comment