Sunday, August 22, 2010

Big Sky Vacation 2010

The first week of August we drove to Big Sky, Montana to spend the week with Momma's side of the family. We stayed at a very nice condo on the side of the mountain (about 7900' elevation). The decks had beautiful views of the ski hill and the valley below.

Here I am with my cousins Calleigh and Luke looking out at some cool trucks on the road below our deck while we wait for the adults to suit-up.
We spent lots of afternoons up at the heated pool. I even went underwater a few times. However, by the third day, when my parents started counting, "1...2....3....", I would start shaking my head and saying, "No", so they wouldn't dunk me under the water.
One morning Grandma and the kids were working on crafts on the deck. Uncle Steve and I were in charge of Quality Control - or something like that. Here I am sporting my undercover look.
Like clockwork, we had a thundershower every afternoon around 3-4pm. The storms passed through pretty quickly and sometimes we even saw rainbows. This rainbow ended right in front of our condo! My parents tell me that there should be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I think that's pretty unlikely in this economy though.
Whenever it was raining, we had plenty of games to keep us busy inside. We played Old Maid...
...my parents played the Star Wars edition of Monopoly. Momma was still really good at the game, even if it was the Star Wars edition. Luke dubbed her the Monopoly Shark while Cousin Calleigh was the Monopoly Minnow.
On Sunday, my parents met their friends Ben and Brooke for a bike ride near our condo. Their 11-month old baby, Wyatt, took turns with me keeping the Pack n' Play warm and played with me while my parents took turns riding with their friends. On Wednesday night we stayed at their house in Bozeman and I had more time to get to know Baby Wyatt and of course, Bella (their doggie) and Targhee (the cat).
One day Momma, Dada, and Uncle Steve attempted to "shuttle" a cool bike ride. Unfortunately Momma's CR-V wasn't MT back-road material so they had a longer than expected climb up to almost 9600'. They said the views were amazing! Can you see Momma and Uncle Steve in the next pic?
Another day we went to the Big Sky mountain village to see a large bungee trampoline that cousin Calleigh and Momma wanted to try out. They jumped REALLY high into the air and did double flips!
They also had a tepee in the mountain village. Below, I'm looking at a picture of a bear and saying, "Rooaaaarrrr". Grandma says, "Watch out, there are lots of recent grizzly bear sightings in the area!" Scary.
Strange looking Cow-Bear horned thingy on the side of the tepee...
I had so much fun playing with my cousins Calleigh and Luke!
Thanks everyone! I love you and had a great time in Big Sky!!!

No comments: