Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Camping Part II

This weekend we went camping in Stanley, ID which is one of Mom and Dad's most favorite places in the world.

The weather was beautiful and we snagged their secret (& free!) camp spot. My favorite part about the campsite was the dirt. There was silty, powdery dirt. There was sandy, twiggy dirt. And there was black charcoal-like dirt next to the fire. I immediately got all kinds of dirt on me. Fortunately we didn't have many neighbors because I got a little crazy the first night after Mom and Dad let me stay up late. They said I got "over-tired" so the next night it was back to the schedule, which went much smoother. Apparently Mom and Dad do know best.

On Saturday we took a boat across Redfish Lake and played on the beach in cold, glacial water. The cold water didn't phase me one bit!
On our last day we greeted our camp neighbors and met their dog "Sunny." I LOVE doggies....though and Mom and Dad keep assuring me that I will love having a cat someday. :)