On Saturday we welcomed Lilly to our family. We brought her home after our second trip to the Humane Society to find the right cat for our family - which were adventures of their own. Nash and I were like kids in a candy store running around the room of cats. And all the cats weren't even the biggest draw, it was the 3 ft tall hand sanitizing machine. Nash and I couldn't get enough of it!
Lilly first won Daddy's heart at the Humane Society, but we all agreed she was very sweet. When I accidentally squirted hand sanitizing solution into my eyes and started screaming Lilly was totally un-phased while Dad was holding her which was probably a good sign to her patience.
Lilly is about 7 months old, is about 6 lbs, uses her box well, uses her scratching post, and has a very sweet, quiet "meow." She is very social and always wants to be where everyone else is which isn't exactly conducive to a feline's napping needs - so Lilly is just as ready for naptime at 12:30 as everyone else is. So far her only bad habit is counter jumping which we're working on and she is making some progress after only a few days.
I am so excited to finally have a cat of our own since we've been talking about it for while now. I am in charge of feeding her every morning and in the evenings she sits on my lap during story-time. Nash is equally as excited, if not more, and loves to play string and ball with her. Lilly has been more than patient with him (especially for her young age) but he's still learning a little about cause and effect. Welcome Lilly.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment