I'm working very hard to learn to read and write these days. Some days I think Mom and Dad wish I would give it a rest, but I insist of having them spell words while I sound them out or I ask them how to spell things and write novels. There are a few words that I know all by myself and I have already written many novels. Here is one story about my most favorite subject matter:
At school I keep busy doing lots of workbooks. I inhale these workbooks and can't get enough of them. One day my teacher even cornered Daddy to tell him how much I love doing the workbooks and that I was an "advanced" child. Based on the number of things I bring home everyday, neither of those pieces of information came as a surprise.
One morning I was writing a book and I asked Dad to staple my work. Daddy was busy with school day prep and didn't have time to do it at the moment and told me that he'd do it later. When he returned to his office that morning he was met by a neat pile of papers placed on top of his work computer with a note on the top that read "STABOL".
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will tell you, Reese, that your writing is what a beginning Kindergartener does. The consonants are there, and you are beginning to add the proper vowels. "STABOL" is another story. It shows me that you have excellent phonemic awareness--you can sequence 6 sounds in proper order, even hearing the short o sound. That's more the end of Kindergarten and beginning of first grade.
Post a Comment