Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cry Me a River

A note from Mom....

A few days ago, I saw a blog on the internet from a parent cataloging all the various reasons why their toddler cries accompanied by numerous images of said child in tears. I laughed my butt off at all of the all-too-familiar images. It spoke to me and helped me feel normal and that I was not alone.

The next day Nash had one of his usual grumpy days. Every so often things build up and I need a good cry. So I cried and I vented to the blog. Feelings of frustration. Feelings of failure. Feelings of exhaustion, sadness and even jealously. I decided to think about it and not publish it immediately.

I've since cooled off and have decided to shelve my thoughts and spare everyone my personal pity party. Since I take lots of photos to celebrate my family and capture every moment and every expression, it's only fair to document these all too common images of toddler-hood. It is important for me to remember that my children are not perfect and that I too am far from perfect. Some days are filled with lots of "Not-So Beautiful Babies." Myself included. And tomorrow is another day.
 

2 comments:

Grammy and Bompa said...

Great philosophy. Sometimes detachment is important, sometimes attachment is.

Michelle Kindig said...

Oh Jenny! You are such a great mommy. I think being a mommy is one of the most important things we'll ever do AND is the HARDEST thing we'll ever do too. I love you and am sending you hugs and love and understanding!!